Our third preparedness challenge for November is to add emergency tools to your 72-hour kit. To make this simple, I selected items you can find on sale during the holiday season. You may already have some of these at home. If you ever need to evacuate, camp out or camp in, these tools could prove useful. Keeping them in your 72-hour kit will reassure you where to find them.
Add Emergency Tools to Your 72-hour Kit
In an emergency, you may need toto free an individual, or fix something. So, gather a few emergency tools.
- While shopping, think inexpensive, lightweight, and useful. NOT survival of the fittest.
- You’ll find great prices at hardware stores, dollar stores, the men’s gadget section in department stores, and Walmart.
- Consider items such as a multi-tool or a Swiss Army knife, carabiners, a bungee cord, or zip ties.
- Attach a few carabiners to the outside of your 72-hour kit to hang something useful.
- You’ll find more useful items at our Preparedness Challenge: July Week 1.
If you can’t afford anything this week, focus on gathering more food storage.
Best wishes and stay healthy,
The Food Storage Organizer
NOTES: You are never behind with my prep challenges. Just jump right in with this week. Want to see more prep challenges? Go here. And if you are new, go to my Start Here page. Purchase The Keep it Simple Preparedness Guide for $5 from my Etsy shop. Need more motivation? Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.