Our second prep challenge in March is to stock up on first aid supplies so you have a sufficient supply for medical or disaster emergencies. Gather as many medical supplies as you can afford this month or gather them throughout the year. This month is also a great time to go through your first aid supplies to see if you have what you need.
1. Clean Out First Aid Supplies
- Go through your first aid and medical supplies. Remove expired items and contact your local pharmacy to find a disposal location near you.
- Next, go through your first aid supplies. Do you need more bandages? If someone had a broken arm, do you have a sling to help them? Do you want a brand-new first aid kit or just add to what you have?
- You can buy a first aid manual from the Red Cross.
- Here’s a list from the Mayo Clinic and another from the Red Cross to help you.
- Make a list of first aid items you want to buy.
- And, maybe this month have a chat with your kids about the proper use of medicines.
2. Buy First Aid Supplies
- Now that you have a list of what you need, look online for those first aid supplies.
- You’ll find great bargains at Walmart and dollar stores. I love to buy the large Band-Aid box at Costco. It lasts for several years and is cost effective.
- You don’t have to buy everything all at once. You could add something to your grocery least each month. The important thing is to get started.
- TIP: Keep old crutches, splints, wrist guards, knee braces, etc. for future emergency use.
3. Sign Up for a CPR Course
- You can sign up for an online CPR Course at Red Cross.org/take-a class here.
- Also, you can find some emergency apps in my February week 4 challenge here.
Best wishes and stay healthy,
The Food Storage Organizer
NOTES: You are never behind with my prep challenges. Just jump right in with this week. Want to see more prep challenges? Go here. And if you are new, go to my Start Here page. Purchase The Keep it Simple Preparedness Guide for $5 from my Etsy shop. Need more motivation? Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.