Your third preparedness challenge in October is to buy a winter coat and boots for everyone in your family for cold or wet weather. Consider your climate and past weather disasters such as windstorms, snowstorms, rain, hurricanes, or fires. Imagine if you had to be outside of your house in the cold for hours or weeks. Everyone needs a good coat and boots this winter. Start looking for sales. You’ve got this!
Buy a Winter Coat and Boots
Think about your winter weather to help you decide what type of coat or boots you need. Also, consider how often you travel to other winter locations. Will you need a coat there?
- A good coat doesn’t have to be expensive, but it should keep you warm and dry. Find a hooded coat with drawstrings that wrap around your face.
- If you can’t afford a new coat, find a used one at a second-hand store.
- Just when you think you’ve found your child the best coat ever, they lose it. At our elementary school, there is a massive pile of coats in the lost and found. So, maybe get your child two. 🙂
- Keep your coat in an easy to grab location in your home in case you need to evacuate.
- Find a pair of boots that will keep your feet warm and dry and has a non-slip tread. These are not necessarily fashion boots.
- If you have coats or boots that are too small, donate them to someone in need.
After you buy a winter coat and boots, you can feel better prepared for winter weather. Keep up the good work!
Best wishes and stay healthy,
The Food Storage Organizer
Purchase my food storage and emergency preparedness items in my Etsy shop.