Our second prep challenge in March is to stock up on first aid supplies so you have a sufficient amount for medical or disaster emergencies. Gather as many medical supplies as you can afford this month or gather them throughout the year. This month is a great time to clean out your medicine too. Perhaps have a chat with your kids about the proper use of medicines.
Stock Up on First Aid Supplies
- First, clean out your expired medicine. Contact your local pharmacy to find a disposal location near you.
- Go through your first aid supplies. Do you need more bandages? If someone broke their arm, do you have a sling to help them? Do you need a brand-new first aid kit or just need to add to the one you have?
- Here’s a list of first aid supplies from the Mayo Clinic and one from the Red Cross to help you.
- It’s a great idea to have a first aid manual on hand from the Red Cross.
- Keep old crutches, splints, wrist guards, knee braces, etc. for future emergency use.
- Look online for first aid supplies or add a few to your grocery list each week. You’ll find great bargains at Walmart and dollar stores. I love to buy the large Band-Aid box at Costco because it lasts forever!
Sign Up For a CPR Course
- This month, sign up for an online CPR Course at Red Cross.org/take-a class.
- Add some first aid apps to your phone from my February Week 4 prep challenge.
As you stock up on first aid supplies this month, you will feel more prepared for emergencies.
Best wishes and be safe,
The Food Storage Organizer
Purchase my food storage and emergency preparedness items in my Etsy shop.