Our last prep challenge for April is to buy long-term food storage pasta for times of emergency such as job loss or disaster. Work towards buying a 1-year supply of long-term pasta if you have home space. If you live in a small home, you could stock up on everyday pantry pasta.
To prevent long-term pasta from expiring, use a small amount of it each year and eat your pantry pasta most of the time.
For longer-term needs, and where permitted, gradually build a supply of food that will last a long time and that you can use to stay alive, such as wheat, white rice, and beans.The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Decide How Much Long-Term Pasta to Store
- How many pounds of pasta does your family eat now in one month? Multiply that amount by twelve to figure out a 1-year supply.
- A suggested recommendation for a year’s supply of pasta for one adult is 21 lbs. or 6 x #10 cans. See An Approach to Longer Term Food Storage. Adjust amounts for children.
- Read more about long-term food storage at churchofjesuschrist.org/topics/food-storage/longer-term-food-supply
Buy Long-Term Pasta Food Storage
- The Latter-day Saint Church sells long-term 30-year shelf life macaroni and spaghetti bites (small 1-inch pasta) in cans. You may also store pasta in buckets with oxygen absorber packets.
- Since it’s recommended that we gradually build up our supply, perhaps start with a few boxes with six cans this year.
- Anyone may purchase food storage at the website store.churchofjesuschrist.org or pick-up at Home Storage Centers at locations in the United States and Canada.
One food most children will eat, is pasta. Buy long-term food storage pasta for emergencies so your family doesn’t go without in times of need.
Best wishes and look for the good,
The Food Storage Organizer
Purchase my food storage and emergency preparedness items in my Etsy shop.
I always look forward to your posts. They have been very helpful over the years.
Thank you Marley! I appreciate your compliment. Valerie