[vc_row type=”in_container” full_screen_row_position=”middle” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”2/3″ tablet_text_alignment=”default” phone_text_alignment=”default”][vc_column_text]
Welcome to Food Storage Organizer!
Hi! I’m Valerie Albrechtsen, the blogger and busy mom of 7 amazing children, and Grammy to 7 grand boys and girls. I enjoy sharing ideas about food storage, family and faith. I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and members are commonly called Mormons because of our belief in the Book of Mormon. In 2007 I read “All Is Safely Gathered In: Family Home Storage” by the LDS Church and it inspired me to do food storage.
Where am I from?
Farmington, Utah is my home, but I was raised in Yorba Linda, California. I studied journalism at Brigham Young University, but earned an MRS instead of my BS. But I am still hopeful. I’ve earned the title of head cook, nurse, accountant, interior decorator, chauffeur, teacher, and queen of the castle.
Why do I write this blog?
By following the counsel of the LDS Church leaders to gather food storage a little at a time, we’ve been blessed physically and spiritually. Preparedness brings peace and this blog is my way of sharing hope with my brothers and sisters of all faiths.
What’s my best preparedness advice?
- You can’t prepare for everything, but you can prepare for something. So, do something.
- Avoid doomsday websites. Only God decides when our time on earth is through.
- Be yourself. Don’t be the prepper your neighbor is. I’m a semi-homemade food storage queen and that’s A-OK.
- Store what you eat, eat what you store. So learn how to use what you store.
- Make preparedness a natural part of your life by gathering a little extra while you grocery shop. It’s easier that way.
- Be patient with your progress. Rome was’t built in a day, so gather a can or box at a time.
- Remain hopeful. You CAN do something! And you probably already have.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/3″ tablet_text_alignment=”default” phone_text_alignment=”default”][/vc_column][/vc_row]