Our third preparedness challenge for February will be super easy; stock up on dental supplies. Something tells me you already have it, but are your supplies organized so you can take a simple inventory of them? It’s nice to have a good supply of toiletries on hand in case you can’t go to the store or if you ever lose your job. So, gather some dental supplies this week. Your dentist will thank me for it.
Decide how much of each item you would like to keep on hand. Most of these items could last longer than one month. Here are some suggestions:
- toothpaste 1 ea.
- toothbrush or electric replacement head 1 ea.
- dental floss 1 ea.
- mouthwash 1 ea.
- razor 1 ea. (also gather this month)
How to Save Money Buying Dental Toiletries
- Save the toothbrush from the dentist.
- Shop at dollar stores or Walmart for value packs.
- Buy items on sale and add a coupon.
- Buy store brands instead of name brands. Amazon carries generic electric toothbrush heads.
Organize Your Dental Supplies
- When you put away your toiletries, organize them so you can easily see what you have in stock.
- Put the newest items in the back, and oldest in front so they get rotated.
- I organize my toiletries in baskets I bought from Dollar Tree a few years ago.
- Go here for some fun activity worksheets for your kids from the American Dental Association.
You’re doing great! I hope you stock up on dental supplies this week. And remember: you don’t have to brush all of your teeth. Just the ones you want to keep. 🙂
Best wishes and stay healthy,
The Food Storage Organizer
Purchase my food storage and emergency preparedness items in my Etsy shop.