Apple crisp with vanilla ice cream in the summer is an all-time favorite. Last fall I found apple pie filling for $1 per can for my food storage, and saved it for the summer. Here is a wonderful, easy recipe to make it.
2-20 ounce cans apple pie filling
1 t. cinnamon
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. cloves
1/3 cup butter, room temp
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
2. Empty apple pie filling into baking dish.
3. Combine topping ingredients above in a small bowl. Mash together until crumbly.
4. Sprinkle crumbs over the apples.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.