1. Spend time making a shopping plan before you go in the store.
2. Research store sales, and try to match sales with coupons. I used DealstoMeals (because she focuses on food storage), GrocerySmarts.com, and PinchingYourPennies.com. I also downloaded some coupons onto my SmithsReward’s cards from their website
3. Prepare a weekly menu plan (I didn’t this time), but you save the most money with one. Plan menus’s using most items you have at home.
5. With Buy-8-items-events-to-save-$4, carefully keep track of those items you put in the grocery cart. It never helps to buy more than you need to or be short. I blew it and should have added two more items. I’ll do better next time.
6. Know what items you are low on in your food storage. Keep an inventory. I recently checked mine so I know what I need to buy and keep it on a spreadsheet.
Here are the results for 82 items purchased.
Start planning. Wed. Aug 25th – Tues. 31st Smith’s Grocery store will round up all manufacturers’ coupons up to $1!