Here is what we are working on this week:
INVENTORY: Beans, meat and soup items. Count what you have. Decide what you need for a 3-month supply.
3-MONTH FOOD STORAGE per person:
Canned fruit – 12 cans/jars
2-WEEK’S WATER: Accumulate 14 gallons of water per person (or 4×24 ct. cases per person). Can’t live without it. Store containers off cement with 2×4’s or on shelves.
EMERGENCY FUND: Add $2.00 or more per person each week. Start small, but stay consistent.
HOME STORAGE: Feminine items.
72-HOUR KIT: Sleeping bag.
AUTO KIT: Scissors.
PREP GOAL: Make fruit jam.
How to Use This List:
1. Decide on a monthly home storage budget.
2. Decide what you want to gather or do from the list.
3. Multiply amounts by number of family members.
4. Adjust amount for younger children.
5. Adapt, adapt, adapt. These are only suggestions. Pick and choose.
6. Each week look for store sales that match your goals.
7. Carry your list with you or put it on your cell phone notepad.
8. Here is a link to all of my lists.
You are never behind if you take one step forward! “Rome wasn’t built in a day.”