Here is what we are working on this week:
INVENTORY: First Aid and Medicine. Look over your supplies and make a list of what you need.
3-MONTH FOOD STORAGE per person: 1×24 oz. prepared spaghetti sauce. If you don’t make your sauce from scratch, store a few more bottles/cans. Hunt’s Pasta sauce is .88 each for 12 ct. case at the case lot sales going on this week!
2-WEEK WATER SUPPLY: Accumulate 14 gallons of water per person (or 4×24 ct. cases per person). Pick up a case for $2.50 at the case lot sales this week!
EMERGENCY FUND: Start small, but be consistent. Add $2.00 or more per person each week.
HOME STORAGE: Vitamins for 3 months.
72-HOUR KIT: Light stick. Plenty in supply for Halloween.
AUTO EMERGENCY KIT: Snow scraper. If it doesn’t snow where you live, think of a different winter prep item.
EQUIPMENT: Firewood/Coal. Or some other fuel you would use to keep you warm during the winter.
PREP GOAL: Main dish recipes. Narrow your list down to 14 family favorites that you use regularly. Type up those recipes and keep in a binder or recipe file.
HOW TO USE THIS LIST:
1. Decide on a monthly or weekly home storage budget.
2. Decide what you want to gather or do from the list.
3. Multiply amounts by number of family members.
4. Adjust amount for younger children.
5. Adapt, adapt, adapt. These are only suggestions. Pick and choose.
6. Each week look for store sales that match your goals.
7. Carry your list with you or put it on your cell phone notepad.
You are never behind if you take one step forward!