Here is what we are working on this week:
INVENTORY: Fuel and Light. This can include fuel for your outdoor stove, wood, batteries, light bulbs, etc. As we enter the colder months, these items will be useful during power outages.
3-MONTH FOOD STORAGE per person:
4 lbs. or 2 #10 cans of Potato flakes/slices/etc.
You may can your own potato flakes at an LDS Home Storage Center in a 1.8 lb. #10 can for $3.25 and they last for 30 years. Or if you are limited on space, buy mashed potatoes from Sam’s Club or Costco. Or even Hamburger Helper potatoes work for some people.
2-WEEK WATER SUPPLY: Accumulate 14 gallons of water per person (or 4×24 ct. cases per person).
EMERGENCY FUND: Start small, but be consistent. Add $2.00 or more per person each week.
HOME STORAGE: Hand and foot warmers.
72-HOUR KIT: Hand and foot warmers.
AUTO EMERGENCY KIT: Hand and foot warmers.
EQUIPMENT: Hatchet and whetstone.
PREP GOAL: Buy an emergency preparation book. I like all of the following:
HOW TO USE THIS LIST:
1. Decide on a monthly home storage budget.
2. Decide what you want to gather or do from the list.
3. Multiply amounts by number of family members.
4. Adjust amount for younger children.
5. Adapt, adapt, adapt. These are only suggestions. Pick and choose.
. Each week look for store sales that match your goals.
7. Carry your list with you or put it on your cell phone notepad.
You are never behind if you take one step forward!