If you ever evacuate you will probably need money at some point. Everyone will have a different idea on how much to put in their kit. I keep enough for three days in a hotel, a tank of gas and some extra food. A debit or visa card may not work. So, keep cash in your kit.
Step 10: Money
- Keep cash in small bills like 1’s, 5’s and 10’s because without electricity, no one can give you change. Coins are too heavy.
- How much in each pack could vary depending on the person who carries it. You may only trust your 8 year-old with $10, whereas an adult pack may have much more.
- Consider the fact that Mom and Dad may NOT evacuate together during a disaster.
- Also consider that your teenager may be the responsible party home with the little ones.
- Keep money in a waterproof container and well hidden.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.