So glad for a full life, but it sure makes it hard to find time to write. Here is a rundown of my October. You will want to put your feet up after reading this.
- Watched all four sessions of General Conference and loved them! Enjoyed watching it with my college kids who came home. Was excited to hear the announcement about the age change for missionaries. Awaiting the mission call for my niece, Jessika, whose papers were in quicker than anyone I know.
- Went to the pumpkin patch with my preschool class. Loved watching the excitement they had running through the hay bale maze and choosing their own pumpkin.
- Watched my beautiful daughter cross the finish line in first place after battling some challenges with her health this cross country season. Her team took the region title. The girl’s team took state as well.
- Had a surprise visit from a distant cousin which led to learning more about my McCune pioneer ancestors. Very cool!
- Made Lion House sugar cookies that our family secretly delivered to friends in the neighborhood, and left them a Boo note. I was the driver and the girls rang the doorbell.
- Attended the BYU/Oregon State game. Wore black. Was hopeful, but no, it was not to be.
- Babysat my beautiful grandson for four precious days! What a joy and blessing he is. Took him to the library. One of my favorite places on earth.
- Drove my girls to Disneyland (another favorite place) and the beach and stayed with my wonderful sister, Vivian. We were one of the first in line for the Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land. We decided that the entire state of Utah was on the 91 freeway with us and in line with us as well.
- Taught morning preschool for three days each week this month and loved it. I have the best class! They love it when we sing songs from “Wee Sing For Halloween.”
- Read books to my daughter’s 2nd grade class; “Stellaluna” and “Aaaarrgghh! Spider!” And managed their “reading” money.
- Planned how I am going to finish my degree at BYU through their Bachelor’s of General Study program. Going to do the English emphasis starting next year. After the book.
- Currently designing the elementary school PTO newsletter. I don’t have time for Words With Friends anymore, so this is my outlet.
- Watched the fall leaves fly in the breeze everywhere in our neighborhood. And then watched the snowflakes dust the earth. Did I say I love Farmington?
- Watched the debates. Voted yesterday and was in and out of the door in 10 minutes before the crowd. However, the senior standing next to me was quicker than I was on the electronic ballot machine.
- And, yes. I worked on my ongoing book project; “The Food Storage Organizer.” Hoping for an eBook and some paperback copies later this year.
- I didn’t include those early morning drives to choir, trips to piano and ballet, doctor’s appointments, laundry, and grocery shopping. And yes. I keep on adding to my food storage and emergency supplies every week. It’s easy when I add a few items from my 52 Food Storage Shopping lists to my grocery list. A little bit at a time.
Whew! Can I please take a nap? Seriously, I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m enjoying life too much. Have a great weekend!